Monday, September 21, 2009

Introduction





Hello, and welcome to my Premise of the School education blog. My name is Allison and I attend Salem State College and am in my second year. This is the first and only college that I plan on going to and I absolutely love it here.
I have always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I used to look after my little cousins and younger brother. I would help them with their homework a lot of the time because I was a few years ahead of them. My younger brother is the reason why I first thought about being a teacher. He has been deaf since he was about two or three years old when an operation went wrong. I watched him struggle throughout school and helped him with his work a lot at home. He got a lot of help through the special ed classes but in his usual classes he had a lot of trouble. When I got older and started taking education courses I began to think of all the different things that could be done in the classroom to help children that have difficulties learning. So I can't wait to become a teacher and positively impact and help the students in my classroom with and without disabilities.
As well as going to school full time I work four days a week at a nursing home in the kitchen. I absolutely hate it there and wish I could quit but I've been there for three years and don't feel comfortable starting at a new place. I really want to get a job where I can work with children but I just couldn't quit when I have such a stable job. As long as it pays the bills I'll be happy to work there.
I'll put some pictures in but I don't have any from when I'm not at an anime convention which is where a whole bunch of people get together and dress up as their favorite anime character. It's kind of like a trekkie convention or a comic con. Anyway enjoy the pictures of me and my cute animals I'll put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment